1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Football Head Coaching Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How the FUCK is this even permissable? And what athletic director doesnt step in and say, "Awww bullshit. You'll get another QB. I dont care if he's a Rivals.com one-star blowjob from a junior college. You'll get him or you and your dipshit son are gone."

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The place cannot be in any more turmoil than it is. It's burned to the ground.

4. Armchair_QB

You can't bring a JUCO kid in mid-year.

What they're saying is that Hawkins is the only healthy scholarship QB left on the roster this season. Everybody else is hurt.

Still don't understand that logic. Or the concern over losing the OC.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The first part I knew. The way that paragraph read it sounded like Hawkins was it and there never was anyone else. My mistake.

6. MileHigh

There is no logic in the air in Boulder. It. Does. Not. Matter. Hello. The season is a lost cause. Begin the transition now to next season and the Pac-12 by cutting Hawkins -- and his kid if he wants to be a quitter -- and begin the rebuilding process now instead of early December. The last three games of this season do not matter. Much like the past five seasons.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I say let him finish the season. If he goes now, the Buffs could end up with a real ugly, chaotic ending that could create a situation where it'd be tougher to get a good coach. And yes, I mean ugly than blowing a 45-17 lead. Can you imagine the Nebraska game with a Buffs program in total chaos? And there's no true rebuilding process until a new coach can get enough actual FBS-quality athletes.

8. MileHigh

How much more ugly and chaotic can the situation get? They haven't won a road game in 1,000-plus days. They led 45-17 with 11 1/2 minutes to play in the game and lost -- in regulation. They lost two winnable games at home late. Seriously? It was 45-to-freakin-17 with 11 1/2 minutes to play and they LOST ... IN REGULATION. To Kansas. Not Nebraska. Not Oklahoma. Not Oregon. To KANSAS.

This situation is the worst in Division I-A. And it's not even close. And the AD is worried about the coach's son leaving three games early?

At this point, who the hell cares how the last three games go? Lose 70-3 at Nebraska in the last game. It doesn't matter. It's beyond time to start rebuilding and it will only start by dousing the fire that is led by the gas-can-wielding Hawkins.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dropping Hawkins now doesnt get you a new coach any sooner and potentially makes it tougher to get a new coach. And the Buffs did lead 45-17. Sometimes, shit happens

10. Armchair_QB

For some reason I read that I heard Alan Iverson's "we're talkin' about PRACTICE" voice reciting it.

11. MileHigh

And they also lost after leading by 45-17. Sometimes, when you've won two road games in five years, firing a shitty coach happens.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted