1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running college bowls thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just because I didn't see one started already, and I know most of these games deserve to be lumped into the same thread because we will quickly forget them all just the same once we hit New Year's.

And it began with TCU whipping Northern Illinois 37-7. Horned Frogs held Garrett Wolfe to 28 yards on 20 carries.

Overall, NIU finished with minus-21 yards on 29 attempts. Ouch.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

and my $10 bowl pool pick 'em against the spread starts off on the right foot.. woo-hoo.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wake me up when someone plays a bowl that anyone other than gamblers and the participants gives a crap about (and I'm not too sure about some of the participants). There are, what, four or five of those?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i enjoy bowl season -- i like seeing teams i don't get to see all the time

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was busy watching the Illini beat Mizzou for the seventh straight season.

ILL-INI!

And Muck Fizzou. That is all.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Had to catch that one on the radio. Sounded like a foulfest.

Northern Illinois with the turd on national TV.

7. doubledown68

I was particularly fond of how Chester Frazier got to shoot the front end of a 1-and-1 over again in a 3-point game with 56 seconds to play because "the ball wasn't put in play properly." Even though he had the fucking thing in his hand and shot it, it wasn't put in play properly. At least that's what the report on the KC Star said. Just fantastic stuff.

Not saying the outcome would've been different... but the final minute is a hell of a whole lot more interesting if it stayed a 3-point game instead of jumping to five. Illinois' rise to national prominence, annoying as it has been, should be over soon. Enjoy sixth place in the Big Ten.

Rant and threadjack over.

Edit: The Star's story now says it was a lane violation with 56 seconds left. Whatever.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

On the radio, they said that was a lane violation.

And yes, college basketball would be so much better if Duke, North Carolina and UConn were the only teams to do well. Yeesh.

9. doubledown68

Nothing to do with that. More of my personal dislike of Illinois, what with me being an MU fanboy and all.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Muck Fizzou ... even though I picked them to beat Oregon State in their bowl next week, sadly.

11. doubledown68

The 42-17 ass-whooping must have had a profound effect.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not really, I just don't trust Oregon State. Big thing is that I got my 32 confidence points tonight via TCU.

Draft saved Draft deleted