1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Bowl Selection Argument/Outrage/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Dec 3, 2006.

1. prhack

prhack Member

Hey, at least they beat the Bills ... oh wait, that's the other Buffalo. Forget I said anything. ;D

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Not to beat the Boise State drum -- because, frankly, I couldn't care less about Boise State -- but if Boise beats Oklahoma, do the Broncos then get to join in the uproar and shout that they got screwed out of a chance to play for the national title?

The whole dynamic of the mid-majors in all this intrigues me, especially when someone on another thread brought up the BYU 1984 championship and whether such a thing would be possible with the current system.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What they need to do is beg to join the Pac-10 so that they can have a chance to prove themselves by beating USC and Cal and Oregon and Arizona State and UCLA and everyone else.

BSU's win over Oregon State was nice, but it takes more than that to get a shot at the title game. And the last time they played anyone comparable to Oklahoma . . .

2005: Georgia 48, BSU 13

4. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Florida went 12-1. Subtract the one win against a 2-9 I-AA team, and subtract the bonus SEC title game victory over Arkansas, and the team is 10-1, with two wins against teams in the current Top 25.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Last year's game at Georgia means nothing. This BSU team is far superior to 2005's.

Comparison scores can be misleading, but consider:

Oregon either defeated Oklahoma, or lost by 5 points, depending on which rules of football you use. Either way, Ducks were competitive.

USC destroyed Arkansas, which made the SEC championship game, and Nebraska, and Notre Dame. Oregon State defeated both USC and Oregon

And Boise State handled OSU with ease, albeit very early in the season, and albeit in a game that was the game of the century to BSU and nothing to the Beavers.

Point is, expect BSU to be very competitive with Oklahoma. And BSU will bring a boatload of fans to Tempe, of which about 35,000 will have tickets. This won't be a game in the SEC's back yard. It will be on a neutral field, with BSU probably being the crowd favorite.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oklahoma, injuries and all, is a damn fine team. If Boise beats 'em, some priorities on this board will need reordering.
    Note: I saw Boise twice on ESPN this year, but who the hell knows about what beating Nevada means? Nobody in my time zone, anyway.

7. Don't know about you, Mike, but Nevada's always kicked my ass.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You gotta love the Onion.

Draft saved Draft deleted