1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Christmas Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Take the detour and I'll buy the BBQ and beer for Florida-Michigan

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Let me be the first to recommend flying on Christmas Eve. I had nearly empty flights throughout my day, except from Albuquerque to Phoenix and actually got to Phoenix 20 minutes early and to Spokane 30 minutes early.
    An excellent day of flying, plus I am back in the greatest state in the Union: Washington.
    Ah, it's good to be home.
    Merry Christmas!

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I flew from Colorado to SoCal on Friday. Friday started clear and cloudless, but by the time I got to DIA, snow was coming down. Plane was late from Las Vegas, then had to deice and got into SoCal nearly two hours late.

Flew home this morning because I have to work tonight. Was supposed to fly home late morning (perfect to do Christmas breakfast with the family after being up late Monday at the Broncos-Chargers game). Alas, the flight was canceled ... Monday morning. So I had to take an early-morning flight (other choice was late afternoon) and there were lots of bumps because of big-time Santa Ana winds.

Left on time, got in 5 minutes early amazingly, considering it's snowing and it's quite windy ... then had to sit on the tarmac because the gate wasn't ready. After 30 minutes, went to another gate and finally deplaned 45 minutes late.

But it's a White Christmas.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

So far, so good, BYH. Nobody has tried to kill me ... Yet.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont forget your tinfoil hat...

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I didn't get stuck in any airports, but 13 hours of travel and 4 flights later I am home. The only thing that sucked - besides my head cold, which made it seem like my head would explode every time I landed - is Southwest lost one of my fucking bags. Cocksuckers.
    They tried to claim it was because I had a short connection in Dallas, yet I was there 50 minutes and one of my two bags made it.
    I'm guessing all the Christmas presents that were inside said bag won't be there when they deliver it tomorrow. That's my guess.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Damn, hope not, 'gola.

A friend of a friend (no, not FOAF) got back from a trip a few days ago, opened his luggage (containing Christmas presents he received), and someone had emptied an entire bottle of hand lotion all over everything.

Problem was, he never uses hand lotion and didn't pack any when he left.

Draft saved Draft deleted