1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Christmas Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know we are 2 weeks from Christmas, but I figured since I am watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles that this was as good a time as any to start this.

I am flying from Texas to Washington and back.

I am flying out on Dec. 24 and coming back on Dec. 28, it is going to be terrible. The way up isn't bad, just a stop in Salt Lake. On the way back, though, I leave Spokane and fly to Oakland, then to Phoenix, then to Dallas, then to West Texas. With a drive at the end of the trip, I am not looking forward to Dec. 28. It will be awful.

If there is bad weather, I plan on spending a lot of time on SportsJournalists.com with my company issued laptop and my company issued air card.

Anyway, fire away with your travel plans for Christmas, it should be interesting with the weather that is expected.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I'm driving from Massachusetts to Illinois, starting in the middle of the night.

It's been wonderful knowing all of you. Tell my mother I love her, tell my father I always did my damnedest and tell my brother he can't have my stereo.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I leave Wednesday for Maryland. I'm not allowed to have the week of Christmas off, so I have to make do with what time off I can have in December.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

My wife's uncle from South Bend came to town last week, leaving today/tomorrow.

Wife's grandfather from Phoenix City, Alabama got here last week as well, leaving tomorrow.

Other than that, all of both of our families is within 50 miles of here.

Minimal travelling, and that is a wonderful thing.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I used to think the 8-hour drive from Boise to Seattle was minimal travelling, then I moved to Texas and I am facing monster days on airplanes.

Anyway, chef, be happy you have a short distance to go for the holidays.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

What sucks about Texas is you can drive 8 hours, and not even be halfway out of the damn state.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Exactly. And when your family lives in the Bay Area, Seattle and Spokane, you are fucked when it comes to travel.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I leave for Cancun in 102 glorious hours.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Boooooooooo.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Why.....why do you say such things?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I head from Fairbanks to Madison on the 19th, Madison to Cleveland on the 23rd before heading back to Fairbanks.
    All cities where weather could be a bitch.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good God man....do you have a death wish?

What......nothing going on in Reyjkavik right now?

Draft saved Draft deleted