1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Chris Rock Invitational (CB4, errr, CBI) thread: The battle for 98th!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: Running Chris Rock Invitational (CB4, errr, CB1) thread: The battle for 98th!!!

They are.

But once again, looking at it from Indiana State's perspective, a team that hasn't been to the postseason since 2001, scoring with a 300-pound chick is better than the annual pud-pounding that program has done since '01.

If you have a young team, it can be used to mark progress. Clearly, it should never be looked upon as a destination point.

It also gives a chance for mid-majors that get locked out of the NIT the same kind of chance programs like North Carolina get when they have a garbage-ass year, for better or worse.

2. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

What's great about this tournament is that there's 17 members on the selection committee, one more than there are teams. How is this a job for more than, say, three guys?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe the Men's Warehouse had a sale on blazers.

4. VictoryGallop

VictoryGallop Member

[/quote]

And none of that has a fucking thing to do with who is the BEST team of the three because Utah State wouldn't have even 20 wins if it were in the ACC or SEC and more importantly, Utah State wouldn't beat either team.
    [/quote]

I'm so beyond sick of this .... How many times have you seen Utah State play? I'm not saying they'd win 26 in the ACC. I'm saying they can easily beat Va. Tech or Illinois. Put them on an even floor and see what happens. But you can't seriously say they couldn't beat either of them. People said the same thing about Utah in football a few years ago, and then they kicked the crap out of Alabama. I'm not even from Utah, and don't really give a crap about Utahor Utah State, but I think it's about time a team like Utah State got a chance, and a team like Va. Tech got sent a message that a chicken-shit out-of-league schedule (which is really all you can control) will, in the end, get you chicken shit ...

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Watching VCU vs. GW in CBI now. At GW. Looks like there's more people on the court than in the stands. Teams pay 60,000 to be the host team. Wonder how big a bath GW will take here.

6. billikens

billikens Member

Look, I know it's just the CBI, but the Billikens are on tv and I'm happy about it. Short of watching 6 reruns of the Office, there's not much else I'd want to do on a Tuesday night.

The worst thing that happens is they lose in the first round to Indiana State, and we all pretend like this whole thing never happened.

The second worst thing that happens is they win it all and have to acknowledge they actually participated in it.

7. Moderator1

NCIS. A Tuesday staple. Much more entertaining.

8. doctorx

doctorx Member

Re: Running Chris Rock Invitational (CB4, errr, CBI) thread: The battle for 98th

Serious question: The CBI and the CIT are the same thing, aren't they? I see references to both.

9. Moderator1

Nope. TWO different events. Postseason for everyone!!!!

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

CBI = College Basketball Invitational

CIT = collegeinsider.com Tournament, which I haven't seen a schedule for past the first round. Maybe that means something.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Those of you who had the Sycamores in your CBI pool are officially fucked.

12. Moderator1

The VCU-gw crowd was listed at 793.

VCU earned a home quarterfinal on Monday. Interested to see what that draws

Draft saved Draft deleted