1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can include Detroit only if you count the preseason. Lions QBs in 2001 were Charlie Batch, Mike McMahon and Ty Detmer.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Oy, JR must be happy so far ... 10-8 Ticats and an injury to Damon Allen. Anyone know what it was? I've been out on a run ...

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

And the final score.......Toronto 27 Hamilton 17.

I didn't see the game (working all afternoon) but CP reports that Ricky was used "as often as an effective decoy than a ball carrier." He wound up with 18 carries for 96 yards.

Allen was the victim of a late hit by Hamilton safety Wayne Shaw. He suffered an injury to his right hand but his status was not reported by CP. Shaw was penalized for the late hit.

Backup QB Spergon Wynn threw two TD passes in relief.

AARRRRRRRGGOOOOOOOOS

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Didn't catch a lot of the game but I did see Williams go on a 30-some-yard run. Classic stuff.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I was out watching my younger kid's football game in Newmarket so I missed the Ticats game. 35C and not a tree in sight.

He had two interceptions and they won 42-7.

Well, at least Hamilton didn't lose 48-0. They are definitely the most improved team in the CFL.

Damon, meet Mr. Shaw.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Calgary-Edmonton may be delayed. We are currently under attack by God.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You can only claim that if it's snowing this time of year.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Hellacious thunder and lightning ... but it's June. We're kind of used to it. It seems to have abated, though.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

45-yard run for Joffrey Reynolds. Stamps on the Edmonton 15 and it's 4-0 (God bless the rouge).

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dickenson was the offensive player of the week. Woo hoo!

And bump for the weekend games. :D

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Winnipeg 16 Toronto 6 late in the fourth. Make that 9. Argos not looking too good with Wynn as their QB.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Winnipeg's new threads. They're the Blue Bombers, not the Gold Bombers.

But at least they've gone back to the old-fashioned W helmet logo, which I always liked (different colour, though). I wish Toronto would just bring back the plain "A" that Joe Theismann is so ashamed of.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted