1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 16, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just checked, you can catch tomorrow's CFL games out West on Altitude as well.

2. sportschick

Ahhhh, that explains much. Good luck with that.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Am planning on going to the June 29 game, vs. Hamilton. So if that gets televised, keep your eye out for the girls.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I believe Dickensen was Jeff Garcia's backup that first year in Calgary.

5. sportschick

The guys said he was the third-stringer behind Garcia his first year, but they did lie earlier.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah and then he booked it for San Fran the next year.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Garcia, I mean.

And holy fuck, it looks like the Sask receiving corps is going to blow chunks again this year.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because they were stupid enough to give a franchise to Horn Chen, who has shown he's very adept at running franchises into the ground.

The mess he took our local minor-league hockey team through (his first sports property, actually) was really galling and singlehandedly almost killed what small following the sport had in the city.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

There are some people who get into the business as a hobby or intentionally run it into the ground to have a tax writeoff. Running a successful sports franchise actually requires effort. Kind of like a marriage, I'm told.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Funny to see Jarious Jackson wearing B.C. colours. As a backup especially. I remember when he was the top-dog running back for Notre Dame.

11. sportschick

I think it's hilarious that he's backing up a guy from Montana. I know the Griz are the Notre Dame of I-AA and all, but it's still amusing.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I missed it. Who tore his ACL?

Draft saved Draft deleted