1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running British Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jul 14, 2013.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

78 victories. 14 majors. How about the fact that very, very few guys have closed on him?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit? People watching an event where he trails after three rounds, I imagine.

Nicklaus' majors included eight comeback wins. It's a thing for Tiger. If he were winning, it would be a different thing.

Don't worry. I'll be proven wrong in 15 hours. It will be fun for you.

3. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can get the BBC TV coverage?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And there's the charge from the back: Poulter 5 under for the round, two back. Tiger makes a great par save on 3 but Westwood can't do the same, though he's lucky to make bogey. This thing could go any hundreds of ways.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Poulter has gone eagle-bird-bird-bird and is staring another bird on the par 3.... could post a number and have it hang on.

6. MileHigh

Tiger dropping expletives, spraying shots left and right and fighting it big time. If Poulter could post 1 under, it might be his.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Isnt the distinction between the US and British Open the fact that the USGA intentionally creates (rigs) the course difficulties but the British Open is played at courses in their usual state?

8. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Love Tirico, but Azinger is making me consider putting this on mute...

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How about Phil posting the number? Birdie on 13 gets him to 2 under for the round, even for the championship.

10. MileHigh

This is turning into a blow-up for Tiger. The way he's been going these first 11 holes, he's pretty much toast.

11. Key

Key Well-Known Member

We'll see if Phil can avoid the bad mistake coming in. He just made another putt to get to -1.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that as opposed to a good mistake?

Draft saved Draft deleted