1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Dec 3, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Forget it. They're on a roll.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

There's several here who think they own the place.
    They stay on constant "rolls."

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering -- will there be porta-pottys available at the trophy viewing?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And we all know Alabama's athletics budget isn't nearly big enough to pay them overtime for a special occasion like this.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jesus, talk about an apples to oranges analogy. Manning was never a member of that team and Martin was the starter the entire season from first day of spring practice onward. Enormous difference between that and losing your star QB at the end of the season and having to go with frickin Marcus Outzen in the national championship game.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The trophy deal was between Wal~Mart and the trophy people. Alabama had no say in it. Had Texas won it would have been at a Wal~Mart store in Texas. Nevertheless, I think it's a great idea and would be proud to have my team's trophy on display there. It's Americana. If assholes want to use it as fuel for their ignorant stereotypes, let them. It's not like they wouldn't find something else anyway. That's their hang-up.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're right, POO, but damn, those pictures are still funny as hell.

9. Herbert Anchovy

In front of a Dr. Pepper showcase? Is it because those are roughly the team colors?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I remember reading right, Dr Pepper -- no period on the "Dr" as per AP style guide -- sponsored it, like the they do the Dr Pepper ACC and Big 12 championship games.

11. Herbert Anchovy

You learn something new here every day.

I'm not tweaking anybody. Found that picture on peopleofwalmart.com and thought it was funny. (Most of the pictures on there are from my home state, maybe even my home Wal-Mart.) Call it what you want, there's something brassy and cheap about bringing the trophy there for a day so the the zombies can get a good look.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Brassy and cheap, my ass! Those guys wore their best new gear to go see that trophy!

Draft saved Draft deleted