1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running bowl season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This is aside from the gambling thread, which I don't care so much about. I simply want to watch the games, even tonight's Utah-Navy game, to see how the Midshipmen do with their new coach.

Michigan-Florida ... Texas-Arizona State ... Clemson-Auburn ... there are some pretty good ones outside the BCS.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The San Diego County CUP Bowl.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Both teams will be checking there defenses at the gate tonight.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's a good point you have their.

And Mizzou beat two of the BCS participants. There, it's out of my system. Carry on.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No argument from me here, Mizzou ought to be in the BCS. But when the bowls call the shots, you're going to have some questionable decisions. All the pressure is now on KU to prove it belongs.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

USC's impending domination of Illinois has 32 confidence points hanging in the balance of my $10 bowl pool. This Navy-Utah contest? 1. All-hail the last bastion of the triple option!

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They need at least a field goal with less than four minutes to play to force overtime after a goal-line stand at the 1. Fun game to watch, Utah leading 28-25 late.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I just found the only college refs in the world who didn't know that a fumble that hits the pylon is a touchback. Navy should have had the ball at the 20 instead of inside the 1. Fucking idiots, it was plain as day.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed, that was a lousy call by the replay booth. Navy just turned the ball over on downs, Utah is going to win this one.

EDIT -- Touchdown, Utah leads 35-25 with 1:27 to play. This one is done, but it was fun to watch.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ballgame. Poor Middies.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That would have made a huge difference for Navy. They would have got the ball at the 20 with more time on the clock rather than at the 1. It still would have been tough for Navy to drive that far in such little time with its offense.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The replay official's explanation makes you wonder if the guy had ever seen a football game before, or if some kind of nepotism or something got him the job. Yes, it's a minor bowl game, but if 600 million fucking people know the most basic of rules, you'd think one of them could be a replay official.

Draft saved Draft deleted