1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jul 30, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Should the Pirates make a deal so they will not have the worst friggin record in baseball?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I think you can assume you'll continue to get the same numbers from Young in the future. It's highly likely that his numbers will go down. I'd also worry about injuries and (although I hope not) the return of personal issues.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

You might want to fortify your plumbing.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

ESPNews is reporting Teixeira to Braves deal is done

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Is Hendry on meth?

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Wow ... so someone get Moddy on the phone and see if his kid really shat forth a piece of masonry ...

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Sounds like Octavio Dotel is going to be the other big deal, and that ain't big.

Did the Adam Dunn rumors die?

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Look at Piniella's track record. He'll play a kid for a while, the kid fails to produce today, the kid then gets dealt for Heathcliff Slocumb. The Mariners organization gave up on many, many guys who eventually would become solid big leaguers, largely because Piniella cannot stand taking the lumps while the kids learn. Jason Varitek, Derek Lowe, Scott Podsednik and Raul Ibanez are the guys who come immediately to mind.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I still can't get over the Nats signing Dmitry Young longterm. Bowden is a fool.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It was for two and $10, right? That's a movable contract and not much of an investment, all things considered.

11. Pie for Laird makes absolutely no sense to me. Especially when Soto could provide just as much offensive punch as Laird if given a chance.

And, since it makes no sense, and I'm a Cubs fan, I'm sure they'll do the deal...

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Too bad the Braves couldn't have convinced the Rangers to throw in Gagne as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted