1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Thread XIV: AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 23, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Four divisions still up for grabs, no NL playoff berths clinched and no one with a shot at 100 wins or 100 losses with a week to go.

The NFL can suck MLB's parity-ridden dick.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You shot your load early, Beej. No new baseball threads till the last game is done, per Gutter's rules.

Although, I did enjoy the thread title. :D

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Forty pages, Doc. That means it's time for a new thread! Suck it!!! :D

Mike, that pic of Huskey made me shudder. I didn't think he'd be so Walter Hudsonian.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son has a massive wager with a friend that the Braves get to 85 wins. So they're not playing out the string for him.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He always was a big mother fucker, and think about it: He's got no reason to exercise now. The possibilities are endless.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They have 82. I'd say 85 is likely, considering they're playing the Astros the final series.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets fans will be rooting for the Braves this week --- 3 at Philly.

8. The Colorado Rockies are either the Phillies' saving grace or the team that outlasts them and the Padres for the Wild Card. This will be a great last week of the season, for the Senior Circuit anyway.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hey Mike, I think that's BYH in the Butch Huskey pic... looks a lot like him ;D :eek:

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Ouch.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Philadelphia needs to come out of this week with at least 5 wins. If the Brewers can try to hold off the Padres, the Phillies may have a shot at the Wild Card if the Rockies don't play "just the tip" and accidentally work themselves in there.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Been thinking about this one the past week or so ... if you're the Braves, what kind of offer do you make to Andruw Jones? Me, I'm for a low-ball take-it-or-leave-it (say, $8 million/year, laden with incentives -- an extra $500k if he hits .280, for example). Either way, they have some wiggle room to work on keeping Teixeira. If he doesn't take it, I'm convinced they won't miss him.

Draft saved Draft deleted