1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running baseball thread unlucky number XIII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy shit. Joe Mauer homered.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I was finishing my notes and couldn't pay attention that Dunn call at first. Was he out? Did the umps miss it? All I saw was Piniella arguing the call.

3. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

Don't look now, but the Phucking Phillies are attempting to blow an 11-0 lead.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's snowing in Hell.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, that was a nice night for the Yankees. Assuming Farnsworth hangs onto a 5-run lead, the Yankees are within 3 1/2 of the division and have opened up a 3 1/2 game lead on the Tigers. Thanks, Cleveland.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That Phillies bullpen is about to do the improbable. Impressive work, I didn't think even they could. Mets fans, keep complaining about how bad your relievers are.

7. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Indians' magic number down to seven; Casey Blake hits the game-winner for the second time in four nights.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Way to go to Farnsworth. Way to give up a bunch of hits and make it so Mariano had to pitch tonight. That is real special. At least the Yankees held on.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If you've ever wondered what being a Phils phan is like, just ask someone to kick you in the balls.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Rowand does a 360 before somehow pulling down a fairly routine fly ball to right-center.

Cholly has nobody up in the pen because he burned Gordon and Myers yesterday in a four-run game.

11. Hammer Pants

Fuck yeah, A-Ram. 2-run double off Weathers to tie it in the 9th. No outs.

12. Hammer Pants

Weathers' last blown save was July 27.

I'm starting to believe.

Runners on the corners, no outs, Reds with five infielders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.