1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Thread, Part the XII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And Wright helps Reyes by being a power presence behind him. And he helps the batters behind him with his speed and his on-base skills. And Reyes being on base guarantees NOTHING. Look at the erratic season Carlos Beltran has had or the shitty one Carlos Delgado has had.

What next? When a guy pitches a good game for the Mets, it's really only because the opponent is just so shaken up by the intimidating presense that is Jose Reyes?

And please....stick April in YOUR tailpipe. I'll take the guy who is picking it up in the heart of the pennant race rather than a guy like Reyes, who got off to a great start and then fell off as the season went on.

I know it is beyond your capacity to admit when you are wrong, but in this case you are. You made a ridiculous statement (nobody is close to Reyes) and you keep trying to manipulate reality to justify it instead of just admitting that you overstated things.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Reyes doesn't need an ounce of the help that Wright does.

Throw me a meatball or walk me. Either way, I have a de facto double or triple within a handful more pitches.

And, the team did fine with Wright sucking donkey balls.

They are dying during Reyes' slump.

Dying.

If Reyes keeps slumping, there will be no MVP, but stop slinging this ill-informed dung around.

4. Simon_Cowbell

If I had a dime for every time I have been right and no one here ackowledged it, I'd live in the Hamptons.

I'd say "So, it works both ways." But that ain't true. I have admitted being wrong on numerous occasions here.

So, go mug Aunt Mabel for a clue.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Still haven't figured out the modify button, huh, Pube?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Still haven't figured how to pull your head out, Doc?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow. I'm so in awe of your wit I have no response. Then again, maybe I'll come up with a few and post them seven or eight consecutive times.

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Oooh ... Oooooh ... Can I play?

OK.

My dad can beat up your dad.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Cubs acquire Steve Trachsel from the Orioles. It must be a move to increase beer sales at Wrigley Field since the games in which he starts will be much longer.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Would you have a pair of horses named Snoopy and Prickly Pete, too?

Reyes and Wright feed off each other. They are what make the Mets go. It's not one or the other. The fact that they're having remarkable seasons together is not coincidental. OOP made a great point: "I'll take the guy who is picking it up in the heart of the pennant race rather than a guy like Reyes, who got off to a great start and then fell off as the season went on."

I think Reyes is the lead candidate right now, but if he doesn't get his bat straightened out during the next couple weeks, he hasn't got a prayer. Meanwhile, Wright is on an incredible tear: 375 with eight homers, 36 RBIs and 12 swipes since the break. If Wright continues to swing like that, and the Mets win the East, it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. Shit, it might be Fielder or Howard that benefits the most.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Marshall sucking donkey cock in the first inning. :mad:

12. Simon_Cowbell

I can't recall if OOP was one of the Howard wackos last year, or Pujols.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.