1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running baseball thread No. 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's hard not to take a notebook to the game. Plus I was by myself, so it gave me something to do. If I'm with someone I usually enjoy their company.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I try to think as little as possible when I'm not working. It's more fun that way.

3. Songbird

It was fun. But I felt a bit out of place with an empty seat next to me, no one to talk to, so the notebook and pen was a safety blanket of sorts. I didn't think of it as work, though. My career as a sportswriter is over (for now, at least). Plus, it would've been neat to have notes had Lowe thrown a perfect game; hey, he was perfect through 3 :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh that Songbird. A true Dodger fan even on the east coast...leaving in the sixth inning!!! :D :D :D

5. pallister

pallister Guest

That's cool, Xan. I use food and drink to keep me company on the occasions I go to a game by myself. But that's more expensive than a notebook.

6. Songbird

Food at Phila Park: 2 hot dogs, pretzel, peanuts, coke = 21 bucks. God bless America. BTW, the 2 dogs at the game raised my day's total to 7. I don't know how I managed to eat 7 dogs in a day, let alone a big, fat German-type knockwurst thing from 7-11.

That said, pallister, I'll try something new at the next game since I'm moving to the general area: go to another game without a notebook, just for the sake of being a baseball fan. Fuckabuncha reporter's notebook. What am I, a fucking sportswriter? No, goddamnit. I ain't nuttin' but a bitch.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I'm a fan at a game, the first thing I usually do is visit the beer stand, then I take my seat and become a pain-in-the-ass fan. I always try to take advantage of the things I can't do while reporting.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You mean IF you make it to another game. Seven hot dogs? Dude, you might not make it through the morning. Good luck to you and your ticker.

9. Songbird

There was nothing more I wanted than a beer or 3. But no way I would've made it back here.

mike311, if I don't post for a few days, have the authorities check Holiday Inn Express records to find me.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Consider it done. Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed you were able to muster all of them down. I just don't know anyone who would recommend such a feat.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So much for the Angels. Judging by the boxscore, Lackey must have simply worn down.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lackey threw 110 pitches through 7, down 3-1. Came out to start the eight, gave up leadoff HR to Abreu, got pulled.
    Shields and Bootcheck did the rest of the 8th inning damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.