1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running baseball steroids thread (Clemens asked to testify to Congress)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can put everything here instead of the dozens we've had on various subjects.

And the big story of the day:

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What a joke. Those gladhanding famewhores in Congress want Clemens to bow before them in an election year.
    I can think of a few more important things for Congress to worry about. Getting our troops out of Iraq. The health care crisis. Oil. Keeping Social Security solvent. Balancing the budget.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There really are more important things Congress has to worry about than steroids in baseball. Let baseball do its own dirty work, however slowly and painfully bad it might be. Focus on something more important to the country.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Like getting you laid.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, if they want to pass a bill on that, I'm game. But who the fuck obeys all the laws anyway?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mr. Clemens and Mr. Pettitte, meet Mr. Fifth Amendment to the Bill of Rights.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I plead the fif!

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Will they be there to talk about the past?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nothing's more important than getting facetime and acting tough . . . except, of course, getting those fat contribution checks from lobbyists.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[suzyn]Roger Clemens is in Congress and Roger Clemens is testifying. Oh my goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things -- of all the dramatic things I've ever seen, Roger Clemens standing right in Congress announcing he took only vitamin injections in the butt! Roger Clemens is testifying! And there we go John, you don't have to worry about Roger Clemens having taken steroids. You should see what's going on in Congress! Big grin on California Democrat Henry Waxman's face! Andy Petitte knew, big-size Roger Clemens only took B-12! Attention fans! He is here, and now we don't have to discuss who takes what.[/suzyn]

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

The one thing Yankee and Red Sox fans CAN agree on: Suzyn Waldman is a man.

Draft saved Draft deleted