1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I dunno if you need an "excuse" to pull him fast. It's an elimination game. If he gives up two runs in the first you can pull him and feel well about it.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you claim he's hurt your reliever gets to make a full warmup.

3. Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

Ok, here's a possibility for the Cubbie occurence. There's actually a 60% chance of rain today in LA - figures, it never rains in Southern California except when there's a playoff baseball game involving the Cubs.

So this could lead the several Cubbie occurence possibilities. Someone slips making a fielding play and/or there's an errant throw because of a wet ball because, you know, the Cubs were so solid in the field in Game 2. Mark DeRosa who supposedly wasn't playing in RF in the first two games because of a calf strain and is the ONLY Cub hitting at all in this series slips on the wet turf and reaggrevates the calf forcing Fukodome back in the lineup. There's a rain delay and, of course, fragile Rich Harden can't come back after that.

Or, the mother of all Cubbie occurences, the game goes to extra innings. The potential winning run is rounding third for the Cubs and he slips on the wet turf. In the bottom of the inning, the Dodgers score the winning run.

So many possibilities.

But that is the real weather forecast.

Well, I'm off to do some things and then onto the game.

4. Hammer, meet nail. The Cubs flat-out choked. No other excuses, rationalizations or justifications needed.

And that's coming from one of the "fanboy loosers."

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Cubs will win today.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

All right, heading to Chavez Ravine, bitches. Should be fun ... :D

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Have fun, buckweaver! Save your ticket to remember the time you saw the Dodgers clinch a playoff series!

I'm oddly jealous.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm jealous. I was there when the Mets clinched aganst them two years ago.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Where's Ned Yost watching this game?

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

If you had a guy on second base and a righthanded hitter at the plate with Jamie Moyer on the mound, wouldn't you run EVERY time?

His delivery's slow and he can't break 85 mph.

Fucking run, Brewers.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm watching this game because Jamie Moyer was pitching back when I watched baseball the first time. In THE 1980s.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Ray Charles has been resurrected, and he's calling balls and strikes in the Brewers-Phils game.

Draft saved Draft deleted