1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

I'm like, 99 percent sure that Chip Carey sucks a lot of dick.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And someone roused pallister from his Miller Lite-induced coma.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Or as a co-worker put it last night:

Cubs fans can stay up late to watch their team go home early.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So who are they going to blame this loss on? Billy Goat has been done. Bartman has been done.

Ah, I got it. They'll blame some 80 year old lady diehard Cubs fan sitting in the front row who has a heart attack, saying she caused such a distraction that the players couldn't concentrate.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Honestly, I don't think they'll blame anyone but the Cubs this year. I think this year is the one.

Or fate. One of the two.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pallister = signature gold.

Too bad I like the one on the bottom right now. :)

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

No, it means 21's Cubs death watch thread will turn into a funeral march by 1 a.m.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

We have yet to see some sort of Bartman-level inanity, which means tonight's game will be a must-see.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

What are the odds the always-fragile Rich Harden gets injured fairly early in this game?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

7/2?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

"Gets" injured? He's already playing with a bad wing, I think.

Now, gets injured worse? About 5:2. If he gets hit hard early, Pinella uses an injury as an excuse to pull him fast.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't know much about Harden, but I doubt he'll pull a Roger Clemens and fake an injury because he's losing a big game. I just figure that wth the Cubs' season on the line, the starter they're relying on not making it past the first few innings would be typical.

Draft saved Draft deleted