1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Until further notice, there's no reason to take the Angels seriously.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

A Boston-Philly World Series would be awesome. I'm sure Drew would feel the brotherly love showered upon him by the Phillies fans.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Fixed.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Someone explain this scheduling logic to me.
    For Sunday, the Packers have a 1 p.m. home game, the Eagles have a 1 p.m. home game.
    So what time do they schedule Game 4 of the Phillies-Brewers for? You got it 1 p.m. Why schedule with that conflict?
    Why not make Phils at Brewers the 4 p.m. game while the Rays at White Sox game is at 1?

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I think the Phillies will complete the sweep today.

The Brewers are going to be pumped for the home crowd, overanxious and way out in front of Moyer's 80 MPH fastball.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Sorry, Cubs fans, but I am now officially a Dodgers fan. No. 1, Joe Torre is an old friend, and No. 2, the longer he stays in postseason play, the more Hank and Hal will suffer. That can't be a bad thing.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My dream championship series:

Phillies-Cubs
    Rays-Angels

Sadly, I'm probably only getting one half of each of those matchups.

I don't think I'm surprising anyone on this thread when I point out that I have seriously drifted away from baseball. I found it boring, and when you have no rooting interest, it's a sport I can't watch just to watch it like I can college basketball. But partly because of people on this board (hi pallister, BYH, zeke, et al) and the ability to watch every game being played at any given time, I've watched more. So a personal promise: I will do more on these threads when I post than comment on how jawdroppingly sexy Ryan Howard is (though it doesn't make that fact any less true).

I want to pick up baseball-posting chops!!!

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Things IJAG needs to know to pick up "baseball-posting chops:"

The Mets choke in September; the Cubs choke in October.
    Jason Bay is good but he's no Manny Ramirez.
    Ryan Howard might strike out 200 times and hit only .250 but he is still the NL MVP.
    That the Red Sox have beaten the Angels 11 straight games in the post-season is probably because of the Curse of Donnie Moore (but only idiots believe in curses).
    The Twinkies would have put up a better fight than the White Sox
    against the Rays.

And, of course, the Yankees suck.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I actually knew all that!!!

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

How did the Angels not win that game last night? Seemed like every inning they had numerous men on, but could only score one run at a time. JD Drew comes up huge for the second consecutive postseason, hitting his first homer since July.

And, as of right now, could that Manny-Bay swap have worked out any better for both teams?

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

So the Cubs game starts at 10pm tonight. I suppose that means we'll be on Postseason Baseball Thread No. 3 by 1 am tonight?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

First of all, the fightin' Twins couldn't make the playoffs, dipshit. So take your hypotheticals and shove 'em up the cat we might have had for the first Thanksgiving.

Second, IJAG is a horrible person.

Draft saved Draft deleted