1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Australian Open Thread (2010 version)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Man you jump to conclusions. Roddick showing some life, now down one set, but up a break on the fourth.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Up two breaks. Looking like a different guy than he was late in the first and through the second set.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Up 2 breaks in the fourth.
    Enberg et al made it sound as if his shoulder was so bad he might not even finish.

Great comeback so far...but the Enberg fellatio is getting out of hand.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Cilic has fallen apart completely

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Damn. Back in trouble again.

Here's a question somewhat unrelated to Roddick: Why, as the 7th seed with 8 left, isn't he playing the 2 seed? Way isn't 8 playing 1? I don't understand.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

A very strange match. I'm not a Roddick fan but I admire his effort today.

Now for the main course ... I'm picking Murray in four.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe the way the draw is done, 1 and 2 are put at either end, then 3 and 4 are drawn randomly, then the next four are drawn randomly, which is why No.2 Nadal is facing No.5 Murray here.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Terrific tiebreak by Murray, especially because he now gets to serve first in the third set.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And Nadal quits, looked as though his knee was giving him a little trouble after an awkward landing.

Don't think it takes away from how well Murray played throughout this match, especially digging down to rally back and win the big points when he needed them.

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Definitely doesn't take away from Murray's effort. He was excellent today. I'm definitely worried about Nadal's future in the game. His body is breaking down when it should be peaking.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If he paced himself like most people, it probably would be.

But he runs his engine at 7,000 rpm every match. Gotta take its toll, I guess.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow, certainly hope this is not the down cycle for Nadal, just after he peaked in -08-Aussie 09. He's got to do something to save his body. Will the clay help?

Give major kudos to Murray for winning though. Now if only he will avoid laying an egg in the final like the 08 US Open.

Draft saved Draft deleted