1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Australian Open Thread (2010 version)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 17, 2010.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hugely disappointing performance by Murray, who still didn't appear to be confident enough to go for his shots, or take advantage of the openings Federer gave him in the third set and tiebreaker.

Federer didn't play his best either, but as bad as Murray's first serve was, he didn't need to. 57% first serve percentage is not even close to good enough.

The thing is, I thought Murray had a great chance to put his stamp on the game early. Opening set tied 2-2, and after breaking Federer in his previous service game, Murray had two break points at 15-40. Didn't take either, didn't get a chance to play ahead in that set with some confidence, and just succumbed rather meekly.

Where was the gumption he came up with for part of the third set and the tiebreaker for the rest of the match?

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Definitely not the best match to sell my non-tennis-familiar friends on an all-night booze-a-thon to watch. Oh, we still had a fun night, but I was hoping for a tight match.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I prefer to see Federer dominate, especially a weasel-faced bloke like Murray.

Am I the only one that has gotten sick in the past few days because of poor sleep habits during the Aussie Open? I've felt like poo the past couple of days and I eagerly look forward to actually going to bed by 10 p.m. tonight.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Show your friends this. NSFW?

http://touch.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fimg.dailymail.co.uk%252Fi%252Fpix%252F2007%252F10_03%252Fballgirlmadrid1910_468x815.jpg&h=2c41996fe7f82f236684b1f3aef168a6

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The newest SI swimsuit issue is exhibit No. 1 in making the case above.

Draft saved Draft deleted