1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Aussie Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BTExpress, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I watched the entire thing live -- except for about a 30-minute nap during the second set. It helped that The Rules Of Golf and I were involved in an epic text message conversation about the match.

Epic, epic tennis. Federer missed his shot to make it happened when Rafa needed the trainer. Jimmy Connors woulda snarled up and stepped on Rafa's throat/made Rafa run to death until he dropped.

It is clear, to me, that two elements exist: Rafa is a younger, faster man, and that Federer might not win another Slam.

RB

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

See, normally the time wouldn't be that bad for me for Wimbledon. 8 a.m. is rough, but if I tivo it, wake up around 10, it should be fine, especially if I can zip through some rain delays to catch up. The Aussie Open is tough for me, at 2:30 here. I usually go to bed around 2, so it's hard for me to stay up for a whole match, especially one like last night's.

But, yeah, I'm guessing a lot of people got screwed with the Wimbledon final. It was especially frustrating to me because I signed on and saw the thread had exploded since I had been out at golf so I knew I was in for something good - except it got cut off.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, have had those moments taping events through the years. fortunately, I got to see both Wimbledon and the Aussie Open finals this time around.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

men's tennis ... fan-tastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted