1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Aussie Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BTExpress, Jan 17, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She's always been a head case. That's probably just who she is, although Dementieva did overcome her head issues to win gold.

Let me also take a moment to pimp a blog I was directed toward last year by a fellow Marat lover.

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/default.aspx

Good stuff, esp. if you're a girl who likes tennis players.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out hope that Raj can pull one more fantastic season out of his ass before the real decline begins. And if Rafa can't get to a final in Melbourne or Flushing in 2009 it's time to start questioning his ability to win on the hard surfaces, at least in the slams.

As for the women. Hmmm, which Williams sister has more to prove this time of year?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Aussie looked good against Hantuchova, but she too also got tight, especially during the first set. She had a zillion chances to close out the set but couldn't do it. Too many balls into the net or out of bounds.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's Andy Murray Time!

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shit. I was hoping we could keep that secret.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And Murray wins on a TKO, Pavel says no mas down 3-1 in the second set.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, my ESPNs have women's hoops and men's hoops. where is this on?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

9 p.m. on ESPN2. It's on the Tennis Channel right now.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

don't think I have tennis channel.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That was the feeling watching the broadcast last night. I switched over when it was 12-12 or so, and ESPN had one camera there. It was in the corner of the court. Pam Shriver was courtside and her commentary, helping McEnroe and Fowler with all the reactions they (and we) couldn't see, was invaluable. I'd never seen anything quite like it.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm stunned to see our local 16-year-old who won some wild card tourney to get in getting plenty of late-night exposure of ESPN ... up 2-1 in the third against some Aussie teenager, despite a serious calf cramp at the start of the set.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, they get camera coverage from pretty much every court now. Not like the old days.

Draft saved Draft deleted