1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Aussie Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 13, 2008.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

But Safin's unpredictability continues as he's played a terrific third set and should buy himself a short reprieve if nothing else.

Any cutshots to any of his women yet?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, hell. Safin broke him again.

The clock struck 4 a.m. (here, anyway), and it's like a totally different match. :eek:

3. nafselon

Safin up 4-1 in the fourth and we very well could be headed to a fifth.

Might be time to throw up those spoiler warnings for sportschick in case ESPN2 replays this sucker during it's afternoon broadcast.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And Baghdatis has rediscovered the magic. Up 4-1 in the fifth.

Great match so far, despite all the errors.

EDIT: Over. Helluvan effort by Safin, but Baghdatis outlasted him. Hope he's got something left for Hewitt in the third round.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched some of the Williams sisters in dubs last night. Not classic doubles play but they are powerful and have the ability to make good serves and volleys. The power on display was overwhelming. Serena hit one woman and put another shot ball right through her legs another time. Crowd booed but that's wrong, in dubs you're supposed to hit at the person, that's how you win the point, plus it was not like she hit her in the face.

For you fans, Serena looked noticeably slimmer.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They are replaying it, but I sneaked a look at the score before I headed to the gym, so I knew what happened.

7. sportschick

They've shown a coupla shots of Marat's box in this replay, but the only woman I've seen is his sister. What gives? Is he single for once?

8. nafselon

He's always single, technically speaking, still he should've brought in a trophy for the week so we could have someone to look at.

Maybe he's lost his touch and can't bring 'em in like he did back when he was winning tournaments.

9. sportschick

I'd come sit in his box . . .

He hasn't been the same womanwise since the one girl he was actually serious about ditched him for the owner of the Chelsea soccer club.

10. nafselon

Was that the ridiculous obscenely hot one or the completely outrageously unbelievably hot one?

I lose track of them. There have been so many.

I still think my idea of Marat doing a version of "The Bachelor" during the U.S. Open would rule. If only we could get him to the quarters in order for it to really pay off.

11. sportschick

Hell, I'd watch that version of "The Bachelor."

I cannot remember, but she's who comes up first (or did) when you google Marat Safin girlfriend. . .not that I've ever done that.

12. nafselon

Of course you haven't.

But yes the infamous Daria Zhukova

Draft saved Draft deleted