1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Aussie Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 13, 2008.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Enjoy him while you can. since his game has went to shit. There is, however, a story that says he's finally free of injuries. Hopefully he has another hot woman (or several) around.

Should be a good match between he and Baghdatis.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm watching the Davenport-Sharapova match from this morning, and I think Davenport weighs less post-baby.

3. nafselon

Sharapova looked good (duh, but I'm talking 'bout her tennis) in dispatching of Davenport. Whatever was ailing her she looks to be over it and ready to win another major.

4. sportschick

Until she runs into a Williams sister. I swear she's got some sort of mental block when it comes to playing those two.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How is the Brad Renfro news being taken Down Under?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Jeez, they did. Peyton wasn't great. And the Bears were within five points of the lead in the fourth quarter with Rexy at QB.

Outside of a VERY few plays, Colts didn't do much to win it.

One of the least-electric Supers of the last twenty years, and I like the Bears.

7. nafselon

She dominated Serena to win Slam No. 1, I don't think the sisters have forgotten. Serena really made a point of that last year.

8. sportschick

Ana Ivankovic dismantles her opponent to move on, bageled her in the first set.

Of course that apparently means that I'll get to watch Mr. Safin more quickly.

9. sportschick

Blake wipes the court with Michael Russell 6-3, 6-2, 6-2.

10. sportschick

I'll stay up to watch that :D

11. sportschick

I have a session with my trainer tomorrow, so I doubt I make it.

I'm hoping Safin regains his form tonight. He had a really bad year last year.

12. sportschick

Yes he is. His fitness isn't great either. Probably why he seems to cramp up so often.

Draft saved Draft deleted