1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Aussie Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Are you not at work? Search for Jankovic on apexchange. There are a ton of pictures of her and the trainer. It was, well, disturbing.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Nope. Off today and tomorrow.

3. sportschick

I'm sure they'll still be there on an advanced search.

The number of photos made me feel like a voyeur.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Yeah I think Serena's weight is pretty much a non-issue. She was never, ever small and when you least expect it (like last year) she'll win a grand slam title in under an hour.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I don't think she really cares what people think of her. But to shut them up she'll go out and do things like she did at this time last year. She's great for the game.

6. sportschick

With as out of shape as she was last year, it was a pretty big indictment of women's tennis.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Sadly that is true.

8. sportschick

Henin wasn't there, and as much as I dislike her, I think she would have easily dispatched Serena last year, but it made the women look really bad.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Martina Navratilova slimmed down . . . and then dominated for the next decade.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

James Blake has little trouble with Nicholas Massu 3, 2 and 2. He looked pretty sharp.

11. sportschick

Marat Safin playing right now . . . mmmmmmmmm.

12. rascalface

rascalface Member

I'm not sure why, but the "Melbourne" logo at the end of the court is troublesome to me. I can't decide if it's more Waffle House Sign font or Old School Bag of Doritos font.

Draft saved Draft deleted