1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "ask a zealot" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, May 10, 2008.

1. I should have been more clear. I knew what you were saying. I was just adding to your answer.
    God doesn't control everything. That's my point. He could, but he chooses not to.
    The things he does interfere in, I think, are not games.

2. I'm choosing to ignore this because it makes my brain hurt -- and because people much smarter than me have not been able to answer it.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you see Buddha in the road, kill him.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What does he interfere in?

Although, I do like the Futurama "If you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" idea of God's doings.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Is the Christian "God" the right "God"? There are many more "Gods" in the realm of religion. How is the Christian "God" the correct "God," compared to the Hebrew and Hindu and so on and so forth? Is "God" only right when worshiped as one being? Is "God" only one mythological creature and it can't be accepted as others?

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Could God cook a burrito so hot not even He could eat it?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. pallister

pallister Guest

All I know is that God is not a Cubs fan.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's all you know.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. God does perform miracles, though they are rare.
    He also gives people nudges. He's done that for me. No true miracles in my life, but I've had plenty of guidance from Him.
    It has worked out well when I've listened.

11. I believe Christianity is "right," of course, or I wouldn't be a Christian. However, my God is the same one worshipped by Jews and Muslims. I just believe some extra things about Christ that they don't.
    I'm not sure what you mean with your last two questions, but I believe there is only one God. The others are mythical.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What if God was one of us?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Draft saved Draft deleted