1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AP complaint thread?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'll bet a call from you would have cheered Barry up. He's a long way from home.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

speaking about what we pay, how is it espn pays the same prices as us but never contributes a mother fucking thing?

3. NCScrub

NCScrub Member

I was on desk last night and ran art of Beckham scoring. The first story with a final score (and a Beth Harris byline) moved shortly after midnight, but no story with any kind of Beckham reaction or quotes ever moved on our wire. This wasn't a huge deal, but I waited and waited thinking I might at least get something better with a quote in our paper.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Dear AP, just FYI, your Marlins/Reds story is slugged Braves-Reds

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Where the hell is the LPGA scores! I know it's not that important, but damn!

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I sent an E-mail to Terry Taylor today about returning the scores to the top of MLB leads, along with the hope that they don't think putting "headlines" atop NFL or college football leads will help us.

I hope they listen ... it might help if those of you who agree with me send a similar note to her at info@ap.org.

7. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

actually, Phillies are 7.0 games behind the Mets

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Kevin Kouzmanoff hit a go-ahead homer off Brett Myers in the ninth inning and the San Diego Padres beat Philadelphia 4-3 Saturday night to hand the slumping Phillies their fourth straight loss.

Philadelphia has lost six of seven overall to fall four games behind the wild-card leading Padres and 7 1/2 back of the New York Mets in the NL East.

8. ARD

ARD Member

Done. Hope it works.

9. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Sending to that address will likely end up in an account no one will see. If you want to send an email to Terry Taylor, send it to [size=10pt][size=10pt]trtaylor@ap.org[/size][/size].

This is an old page, and many of the people have moved on to other jobs, but here's where I got her email from:

www.mlb.com/pressbox/downloads/y2004/MID/nat_media_listing.pdf

10. beanpole

beanpole Member

hey, I don't think a lot of those writers will appreciate their home addresses and phone numbers immortalized on the 'Net like that. ...

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm sure all those athletes and persons of power didn't appreciate having the AP put their numbers on the wire. Yet here we are.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Terry Taylor just called me in the office, which in itself was rather encouraging, I thought.

She said that the change was made due to requests from the on-line entities (sound familiar?). But she has heard some clamoring from our end, and said she would talk to some more people and possibly change back to scorelines for college football.

(P.S. Joe Bloggs made a good point about the E-mail address, so I had sent the letter again to her personal address this afternoon.)

Draft saved Draft deleted