1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AP complaint thread?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 5, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Pan American Games lede says it'll be topped later with men's water polo.

A fair question, it seems to me, is when would that be starting? Or ending?

NY desk hasn't a clue. They offered to give me Barry Wilner's phone # in Brazil.

Uh, thanks.

U.S. Water Polo site helpfully advises that the USA-Brazil match begins at "7:30 local time in Brazil."

Brazil, as I now know, has four time zones.

In the one where I think the water polo will be played, that means the match or game or whatever the hell it is will start shortly.

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

That is priceless.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dude, you're sweating water polo coverage from the Pan-Am Games? What's the matter, no room for European soccer tonight?

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anyone else notice that the AP is now putting actual headlines atop baseball gamers instead of just the final score? It's making my baseball roundup increasingly difficult to put together.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44758/

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Out of the blue, they laid an eight-pager on us for Friday, in circumstances where we usually get 4 or maybe 5 in front of comics and the TV listings.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

There's 8 pages of wire copy out there that out-distances Pan Am water polo, HH. ;)

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Why is Tick Tock TO back?

I could kind of understand it last season, when he was in the news.

But geez, do we really care what he does at training camp?

9. JBHawkEye

Oh, and in today's Names in the Game _ who is this tennis player John McEnore?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ever make a typo, JB? Or are you perfect?

11. JBHawkEye

Nope, not perfect at all. Just don't like to see typos make it through on the wire, that's all. Just like I don't like seeing typos make it through on my copy.

I expect better from AP than what we get sometimes, that's all.

12. Thanks for sending nothing but a 3-inch story on Bonds tying Hank Aaron in the first 10 minutes after he hit the home run.

Although I realize there's no possible way you could have had a 30-inch background story ready to go. I mean, nobody saw this coming. :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted