1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AP complaint thread?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 5, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm wondering why there was only one very, very, very far away photo of the fight at the IRL race. Too far away for us to use over two columns and anybody to be able to recognize Kanaan and Hornish.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Only half don't give a shit?

3. VJ

VJ Member

If you're running AFL capsules, I've got some muni softball game results you might be interested in.

4. as long as AP continues to shoot any and all miss world pageants and run those photos through while i'm working, i have no complaints.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I like this one:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A pizza deliveryman was sentenced to death Tuesday for the murders of 10 women and an unborn fetus during the 1980s and ’90s in Los Angeles neighborhoods plagued by a crack cocaine epidemic.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Yo, AP ... can we get some updated AL/NL glances

Thanks ...

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

See, now that you can't really bitch about. It shouldn't take anyone more than 5-10 minutes to put those together themselves.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

They sent them, about three minutes after my post.

And there's a long story involving DT 6.5, papers we share the wire with and my ongoing frustration to explain why I could not do it myself.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, AP, it's the Champions Tour, not the Senior PGA Tour.

10. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Yeah, two days in a row in fact. Somebody want to clue them in?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And where's that Van de Velde file photo from 1999 that was on today's budget?

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Seriously. SERIOUSLY. Three photos move on the Weaver kid at the British Open to go with the story about him being from Virginia Tech. Kid has the VT logo on his bag, and not one AP photog thought it might be a neat idea to shoot it? Come on.

Draft saved Draft deleted