1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running, all-purpose World Cup thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 9, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Adrian Healey sighting. Though easy blowing the smoke up my ass Adrian saying POL-ECU should be a classic.

2. KP

KP Active Member

Someone had to have caught that Bud Light ad. That was Super Bowl worthy. FUCKING GREAT!

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My best friend was born in Ecuador and came here when he was 7. Knowing how much this means to him, I have become a bandwagon Ecuadorian soccer fan. I hope they kick these Polish bastards' asses.

And if you're sitting on the fence, they use the American dollar. Join me on the wagon.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who is doing this match with Tommy Smyth? Two guys from UK doing soccer on ESPN2!?! Awesome.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Adrian Healey, spent a little time with New England as a keeper and then moved to the broadcast booth with FSN New England before moving to ESPN.

Good to see Tommy inform us that Christina Aguilera's father is from Ecuador.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Remember Tommy from '02? "Dooon't get me stair-ted so air-ly in the marnin'!"

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Speaking of ads, I'm loving that adidas spot where the two kids are choosing sides for a pickup game with Beckham, Zidane, all current stars, and then the second kid picks Beckenbauer. There's a longer version where ZZ whispers to the first kid about somebody else after a young Beckenbauer comes running in, but I didn't see who the other guy was.

Love those commercials. I'm sure we'll see 'em 838,492 times before the Cup is over. But that's cool.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Has Jack's eyes seen the glory?

9. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

The consensus among German folks is that "their" team is way too arrogant for its own good.
    They have the flags flying and the country's quite done up for this event, but a quarterfinal is all any of the locals really expects to realistically hope for.
    They'll take more, obviously, but Brazil's the odds-on favorite over everyone else going in. That's if you believe BBC and a few of the other European media outlets. Brazil's top players have all played European ball for a bit and those players now supposedly know little nuances which will help them to win against Europe's best.
    I sort of missed out on the SportsJournalists.com pool. I'd have picked Brazil or Ghana or Czech.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ecuador scores, 1-0.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Adrian Healey and Tommy Smyth are great.

Why is Dave O'Brien the lede announcer? Though he's better than Jack "Eyes" Edwards. Of course anyone is better than that clown.

Nice goal for Ecuador.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!

Eat ass, Poles. 1-0 hombres buenos.

Draft saved Draft deleted