1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running, all-purpose NCAA baseball super regional thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 9, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

another 3-run shot. this one by the tide. 7-6 tide, top 9

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Just saw that. Incredible.

Ole Miss wins Game 1, 11-9 over Miami.

3. Johnny Dangerously

North Carolina wins 8-7 on two-out, two-run homer in bottom of ninth. Guy who hit three-run shot in eighth hit the game-winner. Alabama's season ends. Tar Heels to Omaha.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I've got to give the ACC some serious props for getting 3 teams to the College World Series.
    Ga. Tech, NC and Clemson
    The Southeastern Conference has got some competition for "best" baseball conference.
    ACC holds that distinction for the rest of this season, anyway.

5. I think the ACC needs to win a national championship before it gets too high and mighty about its baseball prowess. The last one was what, in the late 1950s?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unbelieveable trio of homers... the one to give Bama the lead back was amazing that it went over the fence...

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yawn Fullerton sends Mizzou home 9-1, outscoring them 16-2 and hitting .500 with runners in scoring position.

Fullerton's pitcher Lauren Gagnier took a no-no into the eighth. It was broken up by a homer, followed by a single.

Titans get NC to open the CWS.

Good luck, Tarheels.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

And all on the same side of the bracket...... looking forward to a Clemson-North Carolina matchup. Didn't happen this season because of a scheduling quirk, and they were on opposite sides of the ACC Tournament bracket (NC went two-and-out, Clemson won the whole thing).
    Clemson-Georgia Tech should be good, too... they've split 6 games this year.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think the Heels can win it all. But if it gets in, I also like Ole Miss. What an incredible offense, and it's been that good most of the season.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Meanwhile, George Horton follows South Carolina's Ray Tanner as the second coach of a major program to say he's not interested in the LSU job. Orange County Register gamer today:

"I'm not going anywhere, Fullerton is stuck with me for at least three more years," he said. "I'm not going to Baton Rouge, I'm going to Omaha."

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

damn, dogs fall down early and i gave up.

i switch back in time to see the dogs shaking hands... win 11-5 pounding out 19 hits

tomorrow for the marbles

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Miami leading Ole Miss 6-0 in the fourth, probably because of the Ole Miss starting pitcher's moustache. Hideous. I'd think he lost a bet if he wasn't in Mississippi. He just might think it's cool.

Edit: wrote 7-0 the first time. Guess they missed the extra point.

Draft saved Draft deleted