1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running, all-purpose NCAA baseball super regional thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Oh, I love me some Titans (at the risk of starting a thread on worn-out lines). I just threw a few angles out there to get the thread going. I certainly think Cal State Fullerton and Rice are major stories.

And I'm more interested in Cal State Fullerton's season right now than you could guess.

By the way, Oral Roberts is about to win this one.

2. Johnny Dangerously

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

This ORU-Clemson game has been great theater........ who made the Golden Eagles a No.3 seed, anyway?

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Glad to hear it, JD ;D

BTW, how in the Hades is Oral Roberts (can I use those two words in the same sentence?) beating Clemson? Saw that score on the Deuce's scroll and it still didn't register.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Update: Clemson wins 11-8 on one-out grand slam in bottom of ninth.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And who hit that grand slam? None other than Cubs' first-round pick Tyler Colvin.

Awesome.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hear there's a prominent job open someplace in college baseball. :eek:

For those of you who are lucky enough to be heading to Omaha next week, have a few Hefs at the Upstream for the Micro Man.

Interesting that for the second year in a row there could be only one returning team from the previous season's CWS. And that team won't be making an Omaha three-peat in 2007 after having nine players drafted earlier this week.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Ah, the Upstream. Damn the baseball gods for keeping me from being there this year.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What is happening to Alabama?

10. Johnny Dangerously

LeBlanc is not at the top of his form, and the team is playing some spotty defense.

This is not a premier Alabama team. The Crimson Tide lost three of five this year to LSU, which didn't get into the NCAA tournament.

Plus, the Tar Heels pitcher is shoving it up their asses.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Never had much hitting this year. Can't say I'm surprised.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Baton Rouge paper printed a pure-speculation, no-facts story on who might be LSU's next baseball coach. The editor of one of the college baseball mags settled on George Horton of Cal State Fullerton as the prototypical candidate, and both he and another mag editor called Horton the only real home-run candidate.

And then things get ethically murky. The reporter is doing a story on who LSU's next coach will be. LSU AD Skip Bertman asks the reporter not to bother potential LSU coaches until their current teams' seasons are over. So ... The Advocate's reporter obliges. Hell, he doesn't even ask Horton how he feels about having his name mentioned in connection with the LSU job.

Whatsupwitdat?

Draft saved Draft deleted