1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AFraud key situation thread!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 17, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... struck out by a 3-2 changeup -- a fucking changeup! -- from the right arm of Wellington. God, did he look foolish on that pitch. The big club farmed him out to AAA St. Elba after that game. He was never the same again.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two out double in the eighth - coming after strikeouts by Jeter and Giambi - gives the Yankees a 2-1 lead. ARod drilled that one.

3. Moderator1

Might be - others who know more seem to be coming down on both sides.
    I do know he delivered that time.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

All I know is that he's being a serious letdown to the New New York Mets, who have slipped from second to seventh in the last two weeks. But with Clemens and Prior soon to return, and A-Rod assumably not to suck the rest of the way, we feel good about our chances of a first-division finish despite auto-drafting and having to completely turn over the bullpen.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

After today's performance, I wouldn't count on Prior just yet.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Prior should sue Dusty Baker for managerial malpractice.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, Moddy, are yu saying that Derek the Greatest Winner in the history of the world struck out with the go-ahead runs in scoring position?
    I'm sorry, that can't be true. You must have gotten The Greatest Winner Ever confused with A-Fraud. ::)

8. Moderator1

Oh my God.
    See other thread.
    OH MY GOD.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I had forgotten that today was his first start so I didn't take him off the DL. I believe there's a quirk in Yahoo that lets you keep someone on DL indefinitely, but you obviously can't put him back on once you remove him unless he's on the real DL again. If so, he's staying on my DL until he's ready to handle bidness. Luckily I also had Kenny Rogers in the lineup.

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The team obviously needed a homer in that situation [/bitteryankeesfanboy]

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

On the way back to Paris, Napoleon and spnited sang the French version of "Seasons in the Sun."

"Oui had joi ..."

Draft saved Draft deleted