1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AFraud key situation thread!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 17, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't say Chacon's not a money pitcher. He had the best two months of his life last summer, when the Rockies gave him away and everyone in NY expected him to fall flat on his face. W/O him the Yankees miss the playoffs.

He has some guts, but he's just a league average pitcher. He throws a ton of pitches, seems to nibble too much and walks nearly as many batters as he whiffs, which doesn't work when you don't throw 100 mph.

How pissed did Torre look today? We were listening on the radio. He must have been livid, digging into a taxed bullpen up 9-2 in the fifth.

Wang's got guts up the wazoo too, and when that sinker is on, he's tough. Just gets people to pound the ball into the ground. Won't bowl you over with flashiness but damn he was good the other night in beating the Indians 1-0.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I stand corrected, money pitcher was a poor choice of words. They do seem similar. They'll get hot, they have some stuff. Ortiz looked great for much of the past month or so.
    But overall, eh.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, overall, they're place holders. Best to have someone behind 'em at Triple-A to take their spot when they start getting expensive. Or really expensive, in their cases.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy Christ, BYH.... Chacon is a money pitcher and the Yankees lost because A-Rod flied out in the eighth inning? You have crossed the line from average everyday dickhead to total fucking  ignorant douchebag.
    I considered you a fairly knowledgeable baseball guy. Turns out your as big a dumbass fraud as your buddy A_F.

Let's see. . after A-Rod flied out, the Yankees still  had a 9-8 lead and the inning wasn't over. Of course, Posada then flied out, but that doesn't matter. It only matters that A-Rod didn't come through and blew the game.

It also doesn't matter that Money Pitcher Chacon and a cast of bullpen misfits pissed away a 9-2 lead and that Mariano the fucking God of relievers Rivera totally fucked up the bottom of the eighth, first by totally ignoring Soriano on the bases and then by getting ripped by Jose Guillen.
    Of course, The fucking God of relievers had help from Jorge fucking Posada, who threw the ball into left field to allow Soriano to score the tying run...unless of course you consider that A-Rod's fault too because his arms aren't 14 feet long.

Oh, and how did the Yankees get the lead..oh,. yeah, A-Rod hit a 2-run homer to break a 2-2 tie and trigger a 7-run inning. Yeah, I know, just a typical useless A-Rod home run in a Yankees loss.

There are probably 15 reasons why the Yankees lost today, none of them named Alex Rodriguez. But you are so blinded by your hatred of a great player that you're making a bigger ass of yourself than A-F, DyePack and Pube combined.
    Perhaps it's time for you to take another break from the board and leave the baseball discussions to people who have a fucking clue.
    You're a fucking fraud.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Glad to see I'm on your bad side again, Methusaleh.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't flatter yourself, doofus.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. Someone wasn't fed his nightly Metamucil tonight! :D

First of all, I never said Chacon was a money pitcher. I just said it was unfair to dub him NOT a money pitcher, which is to say he's a guy who shrivels like your skin in key situations. Or, you know, a guy like ARod.

And I pointed out Chacon set off the whole sequence of events that led to the Yankees' loss by failing to get out of the fifth inning even though he was staked to a 9-2 lead.

I don't hate A-Rod. I don't hate anyone, except maybe the Texas Con Man (RIP Will McDonough) and a particular executive in the tri-state area. But I've seen enough to know the guy...never...comes...thru. And I'm sorry, but today is yet another example. The fifth inning HR is very nice. But if the eighth inning didn't matter, or if his performance there shouldn't be held to a higher standard, then the stat "late and close" never would have been invented.

Would you like to know how ARod compared in late and close situations last year to, say, oh I don't know, David Ortiz?

ARod in 2005, late and close: .293, 4 HR, 12 RBI
    Ortiz in 2005, late and close: .346, 11 HR, 33 RBI

Also, HRs in the 7th inning or later:

ARod: 9 of 48
    Ortiz: 19 of 47

This is rich, me getting a lecture on baseball from someone who parses a guy hitting .388--a catcher hitting .388!!--until he finds stats that back up his assertion that Joe Mauer is soft. Yet you defend ARod, whose stats are softer than the food you eat with a spoon every night.

You must be kidding. I may be a fraud, but you're delusional.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I was shocked ---SHOCKED, I tell you -- to find not one mention of A-Rod's eighth-inning "choke" in any NY/NJ newspaper this morning.
    I just read 7 Yankee gamers --- News, Times, Post, Newsday, Ledger, Record, Westchester -- and none of those A-Rod-loving homers-- not a single one -- even mentioned his colossal failure that caused the Yankees to spit up a 9-2 lead.
    The only person ranting about this latest A-Rod abomination is BitterYoungDoucheBag, a man without a fucking clue.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have nothing to add... other than that I am thoroughly entertained at the moment.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I found out why spnited is so cranky.

June 18 is the date when he and his good friend Napoleon were defeated at Waterloo, ending their plan for European domination.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Okay, so I did laugh out loud a little bit at that.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now, you wanna talk about a guy who didn't come through in the clutch, that fucking Napoleon....

Draft saved Draft deleted