1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 24 thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... not actually talked about on that page.

2. I'm assuming he meant the ending to tomorrow night's second episode. And it's laid forth in the headline.

3. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

like that scene from "true lies" (where arnold flies the harringer into the skyscraper) gave bin laden the idea for 9/11? i heard/read that claim somewhere.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

On the boards on televisionwithoutpity.com, someone came up with the name Count Jackula. I love it!

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Hasn't 24 already had a nuclear explosion in one of the previous seasons out over a desert where Jack jumped out of the plane first?

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I don't know which is more implausible--the plot twists on 24 or the game-winning drives on Friday Night Lights.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

24 is like a cartoon, but without the animation.
    I did like how the terrorist guy (oh Dr. Bashir) stopped talking when he saw the scars on Jack's back.
    Side note: Too bad iPhone is exclusive to Cingular. I'd like to see Jack get a google map off the phone, but he's loyal to Sprint.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

You'd be loyal too if you could get a signal everywhere without ever having to charge your phone.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

haha. Also, Marisol Nichols most love jumping networks. Maybe she'll stick around, I'm guessing no.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That may be right, but didn't a Clancy's book feature terrorists flying a hijacked plane into the dome during the State of Union speech? That was the one that had Jack Ryan becoming president since he was like the NSA and the one cabinet member not there for the speech.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't want to read the thread--saw a spoiler alert early on page 2 and want to try and stay surprised for tomorrow--so forgive me if this is repeating some things. But I thought the most interesting thing about tonight was how being tortured in China for nearly two years softened Jack.

I loved how, deep down, he had some sense of respect for the guy who wasn't going to give up his boss' location and knew torturing him would do nothing. "I see it in his eyes."

Then, when whathisface gets the address anyway, you can see a pang of regret on Jack's face, like, oh my, I've lost it.

The last two episodes of 24 have shown Jack at his most vulnerable...at a place he may not be able to get back from. What stuck with me from the season finale last year was it looked like he'd given up when he said he wanted one phone call as the chinese were beating the shit out of him. For the first time, he looked ready to die.

That's why I wonder if he's going to quit tomorrow. Though I'm not sure what he'll do for the next 20 hours.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think what I find most amazing about the show is that for us viewers it's a five-month investment, yet by the end of the season Jack and all are supposedly just a day older.

By the end of this season in May, Jack will have done a whole number of amazing things, and yet in this alternate reality he'll only be a day after having arrived from that Chinese prison. And we'll all eat it up, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted