1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 24 thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 14, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah yeah yeah!!! It's finally starting!!

Of course, I may have to watch it on delay as this damn Pats-Chargers game drags on.

Can't wait to see the tricks they have in store this year, particularly tonight as we learn about the last two years in Chinese torture camps.

I think Jack dies this year. Really and truly.

2. BASTARD! I was about to start one. ;D

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can't wait, either. But I don't think there's any way Jack dies. If Jack dies, I think it makes all the reruns and DVDs less likely to be watched or purchased in the years down the road, and syndication and sales is still where a lot of the scratch is made.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Old Tony, don't you think 24 is a pretty liberal show? About evil presidents and what not? ;)

How can 24 end happily ever after? Jack's gotta die at some point.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm so excited.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

HEY! This is a running 24 thread, not a running 21 thread! The last time we had you in charge of a thread, the board was down for weeks!

:D

And so far, a lot of the new cast additions are people I'd be just as happy to see get whacked at some point.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Jack will die, as we all will. But he will die of natural causes some years down the road well after the show is done. Shows that want to do well in syndication down the road don't kill off their main characters. M*A*S*H wouldn't be still doing well now if Hawkeye and Potter and Honeycutt got killed. They did kill off Henry Blake, but he was replaced by Potter for many years. And Hawkeye and Honeycutt were still the main men at the end.

I don't really view 24 as a liberal or conservative show. I don't think they identified Logan as either a liberal or conservative last year. Palmer was a good guy. I didn't see anything that stated he was good because he was liberal or conservative. Can't we enjoy something like a show as good as 24 without it having to be about politics?
    (And Jack is definitely a conservative ;) )

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is premature....but this is dumb. Jack dies, and terrorism ends?

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I pity the terrorist who just negotiated to get Jack. His time on earth is now very short. He will be dead before the first two hours are over (most likely before the first hour ends).

BTW, that was the fastest shave, shower and haircut ever. JACK CAN DO ANYTHING.

And don't piss of Chloe. That is a bad thing to do.

10. Hey, Kumar. Where's the bong?

11. Just_An_SID

It isn't the top of the hour yet. Chloe will rebound from this mistake.

12. Just_An_SID

Jack. . . you vampire.

Now kick some ass!!

Draft saved Draft deleted