1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 24 Thread (04-16)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Apr 16, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Some things I may have missed:

Did President Logan ever die? Do we know what happened with him?

Are all the nukes accounted for?

Are we going to war or what?

Is President Palmer well enough to remain in office?

2. Jack_Bauer24

Jack_Bauer24 New Member

They left Logan's situation unsaid, but according to website he was rushed off in an ambulance, bleeding profusely. But not dead.

All the nukes are accounted for.

Doesn't appear to be any war between countries. A war between Jack and China is imminent however.

No one knows about Palmer's health other than it's not good. I think he dies before it's all said and done.

One question I have is the whereabouts of Jack's father. That bastard hasn't been seen since kidnapping his grandson, then running out on Jack.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think his dad shows up at the end of the season and Jack has to kill him. His brother and his dad in the same day.

Then we'll learn Kim and/or Audrey is/are dead, leaving Jack with absolutely no one.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The jury may be out on Palmer being healthy enough to stay in office, but it is possible that they have just reached a verdict.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Early Vegas line:

China at Jack Bauer (-14)

Jack would normally be just an 11-point favorite against the million-man army, but he gets an extra three for playing this one on local soil.

6. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

Blah. I thought this week went right back into the rut of this season, forcing me to try and get excited about Daniels/Palmer/Hayes/Lennox. I just ... don't ... care.

Last week was a flash to vintage 24, but that obviously was a short stay. The confrontation with the Chinese has potential though.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Bad line. It's not just "China at Jack Bauer."
    It's "China and CTU/USA at Jack Bauer."

I think 14's just too high. Bauer wins, but doesn't cover.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This is getting to be too damn much Bruce Willis and too little "something to think about."

But that's TV.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Agreed.

10. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Bauer vs. China -- the Rubber match. However, our hero did get a good line off at the end in the car -- "I shot and killed my partner earlier today, I'll shoot you too if I have to."
    The only question now is if Jack puts as many rounds in the Chinese guy that he put into Nina Meyers when he killed her.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm disappointed with Jack.

For six years now, I've waited on this guy to tell the president, "Hey, look dude, it's time you do a little something to make up for all this ass-saving I've been doing."

Now he's finally done it ... and for what? Audrey freakin' Raines.

Very disappointed.

Also, there are a lot of things in this show that I'm perfectly willing to overlook. However, the fact that no one at CTU other than Chloe is cutting good ol' Jack a little slack is just not one of them.

For Christ's sakes, you let the dude rot in a Chinese prison for two years after he saved the country. Then, you prove to him that you could've gotten him out all along by bringing him back to sacrifice him -- a plan that this great American goes along with. Now, after he's somehow managed to wiggle out of that shit, he's tracked down and secured four of five nukes by singlehandedly killing about a dozen terrorists. And after all that shit, when this guy wants to go save his girlfriend, who just happens to be the daughter of the former Secretary of Defense and a high-ranking government employee herself, NOBODY at CTU is thinking, "You know what, fuck it, Jack's earned this one?"

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Actually, I thought CTU not supporting Jack was unusually realistic for the show, especially since this season has had some gaping holes in logic. They've let Jack be tortured for 18 months without lifting a finger, then they were willing to turn him over to be killed at the beginning of the day, yet suddenly they're going to risk everything in order to help him get his girlfriend back? I don't think so. It makes sense that Chloe would be the only one who'd even think about putting the country in jeopardy just so Jack can get laid.

Draft saved Draft deleted