1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 24 thread (02-19) SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But we haven't had an earthquake in years!

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Michelle Dessler = not smoking hot.

In fact, this year's new CTU agent (still not even sure of her name) might be the first smokin' hot regular character on the show since Elisha Cuthbert. The women on the show are generally pretty average looking.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'd say she holds her own.

[​IMG]

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Upon seeing that photo, and a subsequent google image search (strictly for research purposes), I admit, Reiko Aylesworth can look quite good. Having only seen her on the show until today, I was never very impressed. Some of those photos, though ... YOWZA!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe that's for season seven. Terrorists have figured out a way to blow up the San Andreas Fault...and only Jack Bauer, mere hours removed from a comatose state and 25 years removed from his last geology class, can save the world! (OK, it would have to take place in northern California, but work with me people)

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Idiot alert:

I watched all of last season and all of this season so far. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but....

David Palmer was assassinated because he knew about the five nukes smuggled into the country? And he knew about the company run by Jack's father and Graham (did he know THEY were running it?) f-ed up by selling the nukes to the rogue Russian general, who in turn, sold it (did he?) to the terrorists, who then used it in northern LA?

So that means all of last season (which was based on Jack and CTU thinking Palmer was killed b/c he knew about the 19 canisters of nerve gas) was just kind of a buildup to the true reason why David Palmer was blasted?

And then did Charles Logan take the fall for Jack's dad and Graham? It seemed like he and Graham (and his buddies in the small room, sipping rum) thought Jack was close to finding out about the company's eff up about the five nukes?

HELP. Please and thanks.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My guess is that you're getting ahead of yourself.

8. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

While the character of Chloe O'Brian doesn't exactly do much for me personally (although "fugly" seems a bit extreme), I saw Mary Lynn Rajskub on one of the late-night talk shows a few weeks ago and was quite taken aback by her attractiveness. She's no Helen of Troy, but definitely not fugly.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

All they have to do is follow the Lex Luther game plan of detonating one nuke at a precise point on the San Andreas fault while having a diversionary nuke go off some place else to distract Superman Jack Bower.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How soon will Jack's spidey-senses go off telling him he needs to get to Washington DC in under an hour (or two) to save the president's life? :D

11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is CTU a bit of a loose ship? I mean, Jack's dad can just walk around HQ freely and call his henchmen on his cell without being monitored. He can delete Graham's cell phone in the morgue with no security or cameras? Come on. Even his being allowed to have five minutes alone with Graham before he killed him is crazy. How about next time, take out the IV before you remove the video cameras and leave the door open. Then there's Morris. He just programmed a trigger for the nukes, yet he can just wander out of HQ duing a crisis and hit the corner liquor store?

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I was waiting for the teaser to say: "Next week, on a very special 24."

And what's with Sam Seaborn's evil younger brother? He looks more like a recording secretary for the Swarthmore Gilbert and Sullivan Society.

Draft saved Draft deleted