1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running '22-'23 NCAA Football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 15, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A one-off neutral site classic I believe. And it is a straight shot down I-10 from Tallahassee, so if Noles fans don’t show up they can blame themselves.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

This is a “neutral home and home,” with next year’s game in Orlando.

About 30% of FSU’s alumni in Florida live in the 9 county I-4 corridor. Another 20% are in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach counties.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    maumann likes this.
  3. Donny in his element

Also, FSU long ago sold out its 30k allotment. For whatever reason, LSU still has some of its 30k available. Guessing it wasn’t part of the season ticket package?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Brian Kelly can give some to his Famuhleee.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  5. Donny in his element

It should/could be the last neutral regular season games for a while. They do on-campus series with Alabama (2025/26) and Georgia (2027/28) soon. In theory.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Auburn QB T.J. Finley arrested today, on the first day of camp, for Attempting to Elude. He was on a moped.

Auburn is going to end up winning four games, firing Harsin and sucking for the next 10 years. They can't do anything right.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More power to him.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I despise Alabama, but it's hard to hear Eli Gold's voice and not feel like the day just got a little bit better.

maumann and Matt1735 like this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hell's Cherub.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Attempting to elude (or eluding, actually, since the police broke off pursuit in the interest of public safety). Twice.

He was eluding a ticket for riding a moped without a helmet.

Migawd, it's a crime spree!

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess this ain't about the alleged perpetrator; it's about the head footbawwwwl coach. This got out there because those in authority want to pile on as much humiliation as plausible/possible so they can whack the guy who came from way out west and replace him with somebody (Kevin Steele) who has real SEC roots.
    Of course, Harsin has the requisite political/religious views. He refused to be vaccinated and refused to say why. But he's not one of their klan geographically. So he must go.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Rumor is he very much does NOT have the religious views that would endear him to the Auburn “fambly.” That said, college students are entirely capable of making stupid choices not related to coach’s contract drama.

Draft saved Draft deleted