1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes. Might still be.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it odd for there to be a year where there is no Tour stop, or major, in NY, NJ or PA? This week's Traveler's is the closest they get to NYC.

3. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Active Member

Nicki was, and is again with the kids grown up.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Tour has been rotating the FedEx playoff tourney sites, and this year one is at Wilmington Country Club in Wilmington, Del. That counts as close enough in their geography. Massachusetts lost its regular Tour stop, but we did get the Open, so I guess that counts.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lee Westwood's wife (or fiancee, can't remember) is his caddy.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Trying to remember the last time Pennsylvania had a full-time tour stop. Probably the 84 Lumber Classic when it was at Nemacolin. They moved the AT&T’National to Aronimink when they were prepping for the US Open but I don’t count that.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia had the old Anheuser Busch at Kingsmill, but that went away in the early 2000s. Kingsmill couldn't even find the corporate support to keep the LPGA, which is a shame, because it was one of the players' favorite tour stops. There have been some one-offs at Robert Trent Jones GC and they'll host the Solheim Cup in 2024. Dominion Club in Glen Allen hosted a Web.com/Nike stop for several years. Champions Tour comes to CC of Virginia each year, but I can't think of any place in the state that's equipped to host a PGA Tour stop even if they wanted to come this way, outside of maybe Trump National, which definitely isn't happening.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No PGA Tour stop in Chicago, either. If you look at the LIV schedule it's obvious they're happy to go where the PGA Tour ain't.

9. playthrough

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch Lexi Thompson choke away the LPGA?

Dog8Cats likes this.
  11. playthrough

I went back to watch her putting highlights (that's the wrong word) and wish I hadn't.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted