1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 7, 2022.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Biggest clown in the game.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Watched this live. It was awesome. Binnington was hot because he’s just given up his fourth goal in less than 15 minutes and gets bumped in the ensuing celebration. The TBS booth crew was giving him shit for waving his arms around after. Hey you’re playing like crap, you can’t be doing that.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Binnington suspended two games. I kinda admire his spunk in the last stretch of a shit-can season.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Reimer was last heard saying, "Isn't this 'Murica? I thought this was 'Murica!"

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pretty much an elimination game for the Caps tonight in Pittsburgh. They're four points back of the Penguins with nine to play for the second wild card. It's over if they lose tonight.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think your team team is in an untenable spot. They needed to start tearing that team apart at the end of the playoffs two seasons ago (even though the Caps made the playoffs last season) to have any shot at a rebuild that might have been limited to a few seasons.

Now, they are still not going to completely rip the team apart and try to rebuild in a way that might be successful. ... because of Ovechkin and his chase of Gretzky's record.

10. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Preds are five back of Winnipeg for the last spot but with three games in hand. I need them to fall short so I can go ahead and put this TV subscription on hiatus until college football season.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They unloaded a lot of cargo and have the means to get a little younger and put pieces around Ovechkin. Whether the Caps make the playoffs or not this year is kind of immaterial to me. They're not beating Boston even if they get in. I just enjoy having a dog in the fight in the postseason. As much as the Ovechkin chase is a factor, the bad contract to Backstrom is really killing this team. I wouldn't hate it if he retired in the offseason, because even with the hip resurfacing, he's fallen off a cliff production wise.

To your other point, I don't think they really can tear the rest of the team apart, just because of the contracts. Kuznetsov is not an attractive trade piece, thanks to his subpar production. Oshie's old. Wilson is Wilson. I've mentioned the Backstrom contract. I don't think you can get enough back in a trade for John Carlson to make it worth it, and he's had a lost year anyway with the injuries. You're right, tough spot. But they can never take 2018 away from us!

Draft saved Draft deleted