1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 7, 2022.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sharks and Predators play two this weekend in Prague, everyone else starts next week. Drop the puck!

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And on NHL Network, which blows up my plans for an extended lunch in order to watch today.

3. HanSenSE

Made me check my local listings. Sharks' TV outlet is carrying it, not the Preds?

4. dixiehack

Bally, which is in a perpetual snit with my provider. Most of the time it doesn’t matter because ESPN Plus has decided I’m not in blackout range, but today that doesn’t work.

However, I am getting a nice surprise because Terry Crisp unretired for the Europe trip and is calling it on radio with Pete Weber like old times.

OscarMadison, Liut and TigerVols like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So I am not watching the game. ... Are they playing on a European-sized sheet of ice or is it 200 by 85? If it's 200 by 85, did they build it specially for this?

6. HanSenSE

7. dixiehack

Missed the details, but Weber said it was NHL regs earlier. Seemed surprised, so I’m guessing they did some sort of last minute reconfigure.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I did predictions the last few seasons, so here goes:

Metropolitan: Carolina, Rangers, Islanders, Pittsburgh, Devils, Washington, Columbus, Flyers
    Atlantic: Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Ottawa, Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal
    Central: Colorado, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Dallas, Arizona, Chicago
    Pacific: Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Vegas, Anaheim, Seattle, San Jose

All- Canadian Stanley Cup finals: Maple Leafs defeat Calgary

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Hockey has a problem.

Hockey has a problem.

Hockey has a problem.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Tampa Bay Lightning have a problem. Ian Cole has a problem.

Hockey also has a problem.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Re: Emily Kaplan’s tweet, even if the NHL had a policy on domestic violence (which is kind of concerning), would the policy govern these allegations anyway? This seems like it would be an entirely different crime. Although maybe domestic violence covers more than I figured.

Also, why wouldn’t this be paid leave?

12. HanSenSE

Another day, and hockey has a problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted