1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow. One of the four schools that has been eligible for every NCAA Tournament but never made it. Army, The Citadel and William & Mary are the others.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Right on average.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What a mess. The president is taking a “personal leave, which means he either opposes the athletics move or doesn’t want to deal with the backlash or both. The interim president was a trustee less than a year ago.
    Ouch.
    Interesting thing: They apparently kept this under wraps. “Recently” rather than “today” is the clue.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have a good friend who is a SFC alum, and pretty clued in to what's happening since his whole family went there and worked there. This has been coming for quite some time. Their campus, while never large at its original site, will now consist of one building at the new site.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

In retrospect, moving the entire campus atop a Macy's was a pretty big sign.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know I'm a creature of privilege. I know the education is what a college is supposed to be about.

But I'll be damned if this is the type of college experience I would have wanted.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been seeing this in some D2 colleges in the West over the last 10 years or so. BYU-Hawaii dropped athletics starting in 2014, Notre Dame (in Belmont, not South Bend) a few years back, then scaling back to concentrate on grad studies, and Holy Names in Oakland is shutting its doors at the end of the spring term.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Here's to ASAP Sports, reminding us all to try and ask direct questions because if don't the questions will linger in transcript form forever.

Flip Wilson and Batman like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

How about, "Tara, your guard play sucked compared to two years ago. Is that the biggest reason you lost?"

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of these years I'm going to have to put together a "blackout" pool - first person who has all of their picks eliminated wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted