1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Channeling Dennis Green as I watched Ohio lose in OT to Michigan. “They were who we thought they were and we let ‘em off the hook!”

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Tad Boyle might not survive to the New Year. (Not job-wise, but the fact he'll choke someone out. That's a joke.)

Beat No. 11 Tennessee and No. 24 Texas A&M by double digits.

Lose to Grambling, UMass and Boise.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kelvin Sampson needs to be institutionalized.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to put this here, the shooting thread, or somewhere else (I saw someone mentioned it here when it happened) but this story is crazy. H

How does this happen? I get you can't watch these players 24/7, but how does one get away from the team hotel at 3 in the morning? At a rival, where, you, know, people know people? I like that New Mexico State said they haven't been checking bags but they probably would now.

5. MileHigh

Final Four in Vegas in 2028.

Detroit in 2027, Indy in 2029 and Dallas in 2030.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just as noteworthy is that the Wazzou and Colorado games were in SWAC gyms.

7. MileHigh

Tad was pissed off after the Boise loss.

"Our players disrespected the Colorado uniform. Every former player should be disappointed and embarrassed with the way these guys represented any former player who wore this uniform. We got out-toughed, we got out-hustled, we got out-executed and we got out-coached. I'm doing an absolutely awful job with this team and I thank God we get to go home and get some practice time. I'm telling you, Tuesday's going to be a hell of a practice for us. ... All you have to do right now to beat Colorado is get up in them and fluster them and be physical with them because we wilt like a flower. We did it at Grambling. We did it against UMass and we did it tonight. We just wilt like flowers. We're not tough enough to handle pressure, to handle anybody that's up in our stuff."

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Final Four should be in Detroit about once every 50 years. 2010 was more than plenty for this half-century.

Of course, NY, Chicago and LA have shot themselves in the nuts as far as Final Fours are concerned.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

LA should be in the mix now with the Rams’ pleasure palace. And Nashville seems determined to build a dome so the Titans don’t have to hear the anguished screams of residents busting their axles in the ubiquitous potholes.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I wonder if Toronto has ever made a serious bid for the FF -- and whether it would be considered if it did.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's what Rick Barnes should have said after the Tennessee-Colorado game.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mitch Albom has five years to work on that column.

maumann and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted