1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thank you. Credit where due.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I was there and it was brutal once you walked down the hill where Nos. 1 and 10 tees and the double green for 9 and 18 was. Not a breath of wind. The miracle of the week is that John Daly made the cut, walked 18 holes for four days, and didn't die.

3. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

It's time to get rid of my golf library. After thirty-plus years in golf, I've run out of space, and I'll have little need for all this material in retirement.

I can take the time to make a more detailed list if someone wants one, but I have 25 years of Mark McCormack's annual The World of Professional Golf (great for research you won't find on the Internet); old media guides and record books (I probably have a few PGA Tour media guides from the '50s that Ponte Vedra Beach doesn't have), a few dozen instruction books and biographies, a smattering of coffee table books; old rules and Decisions books; hard-bound U.S. Open annuals.

If there are any takers or suggestions where any of this stuff will be saved from the trash heap, let me know; I'll find a way to get it there.

Attached Files:

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

If these were baseball books instead I would be all over those.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I understand completely. I haven't figured out whether to sell the old NASCAR stuff on eBay or just chuck it all into the trash. I did donate over 100 unused Nextel and Sprint Cup reporter's notebooks to the local high school for their journalism kids.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If you had done this in certain pockets of North Carolina, a building, a school or a track would be named for you.

maumann likes this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested if you have a copy of Out of the Bunker and into the Trees

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm interested in some of this ... against my better judgment, haha. I'll shoot you a note.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

MileHigh likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More tongue-in-cheek by me and it's easy clickbait, though Chamblee was clutching his pearls for an hour.

maumann likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tour can claim no penalty all it wants. We all know that Patrick Reed has done absolutely nothing to regain benefit of the doubt.

Pearl-clutching or no, witch hunt or not, Reed needs to be cleaner and better for a long time before these kind of stories die down.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted