1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm not surprised Golfweek (also the USA Today Network, ugh) didn't point that out, why let points of accuracy get in the way of a protest story?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Heard this one during the telecast, won 11 of first 113 events, so then zero for 82, and now a victory. Wow what a difference; and he's only 27!

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Went to the practice range yesterday and as I hit balls into a 15 mph wind with the temperature at 48, it came to me that if golf was like baseball, they'd hold the first major up here in those conditions rather than at Augusta. The Tour should have one early spring tourney in the Northeast just to show the conditions in which millions of us hackers begin their seasons.

maumann likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I would be down with that. I’d also love to see an “old school open” where these guys play persimmon woods and a 70s era ball. Maybe do it at a place like Merion where length isn’t as important as accuracy.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even with those clubs, DeChambeau would slice a dozen balata balls clean in half every round.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

It’s gonna be fun to watch him blow his back out during the third round of the Genesis Open or some such shit.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes! You could go truly old-school and not invite Finau, Woods, Varner, Champ...

8. BitterYoungMatador2

I’m fine with dialing back to the 1970s, not the 1870s.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll take a flyer on Koepka at 25;1

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This might also explain why so many American used to avoid crossing the pond for the Open ... in addition to, what they claim, are hotel rooms that are too small and various other issues.

Or the Boo Weekly excuse: "Ain't got no fried chicken. Ain't got no sweet tea." Thanks for covering Americans in glory, Boo ...

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Did anyone in Britain notice that Boo Weekly didn't show up?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He was probably wearing camouflage. Who could have spotted him?

Draft saved Draft deleted