1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Commercial load significantly less in yesterday's telecast.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But at the same time, at least they were drinking sodas and not some exotic energy thing or beet juice or healthy-what-have-you.

I shared this with a Euro-homer friend and he said "could you see four members of the U.S. Ryder Cup team sitting around a table after a shitty round and having the good humor to post that?" Yeah ... no.

maumann likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good points.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I saw it in rugby in the 90s. Thursday after training, everyone used to have a couple at the clubhouse. Even the guys who were capped. The next generation coming up bought a Gatorade at 7-11 and hung out for 20 minutes.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Love it. The Euros have a nice rhythm to life IMHO. Would love to hang with those dudes instead of the stiff Americans (incl. Tiger).

Tighthead likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Breaking: I hit my first bucket since tearing my left labrum (non dominant) in October. Some limitations on backswing and kept effort to about 3/4 of max with no deleterious effects. Actually felt better function afterward. Hit driver, 4 wood, 7 and 9, about 50 balls total. Pleased overall.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FYI: As the labrum attaches to the head of the humerus to stabilize the joint, it won't re-attach without surgery. So the goal of my rehab is near-normal daily function by improving flexibility and strengthening the surrounding muscles with asymptomatic recovery. If this was my throwing shoulder I'd likely have surgery. I've got about six more weeks of PT and we'll see how the summer goes.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Prediction: Bam-Bam's gonna win this thing.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

That was a fucking good putt

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So it's Westwood and DeChambeau in the final twosome for the second consecutive week. I'm sure that's happened before, but it must be relatively rare.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Sounds like something Hogan and Nelson might have done more than once.

12. If Westwood wins, i think it solidly kills the notion the TPC is a major. (Cause you know, Westwood and Fowler can’t win majors).

That said, i don’t think he wins.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted