1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems like the Tiger wreck deserves its own thread. Hopefully it won’t be a RIP one.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

This is the interview that had people noticing Tiger seemed off.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its clear on the MSNBC video of the crash that he crossed lanes. Coulda been real bad.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, I know that is not a photo of you, as Mr. Incredible has a mask on!

JC likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, let's take it there.

Tiger Woods injured

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In case anyone is writing on this, there's no such thing as "Jaws of Life."

There's hydraulic cutters, spreaders, a combo tool that does both and also rams.

Jaws of Life is a catch-all term used to describe those hydraulic tools but there's not actually "jaws."

Based on early reports, it sounds like he has tib/fib fractures in one or both legs and maybe a broken femur in one or both legs. There's also a possible pelvis fracture along with possible torn ligaments and tendons in both knees. How bad the injuries will be is if the engine block came detached and moved into the cabin. If that's the case, all the above and more.

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's a well-written (and researched) story.

Without discounting the claims of Golf Channel employees in any way, though, I would say all but the most outrageous incident mentioned (masturbating in front of a female coworker) has happened on the night shift of just about every newsroom where I've worked.

Sexist comments and jokes. Complaints about women calling in because their kids are sick. "Hey, come look at this" on the computer screen. It's definitely a "junior high locker room" mentality at night in most places, and I've contributed to that at times.

As I've reached the point where employees are now the same age as my children, it seems more noticeable and deplorable to me.

All I'm trying to say is it's something those of us who are male and work in journalism should think about.

maumann likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Good to see the overserved asshole spectators back on the course at Bay Hill.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Jordan Spieth looks like Jordan Spieth again.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

GITINNAHOLE!!!

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Been knocking on the door since Phoenix. Time to bust through.

Draft saved Draft deleted